Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fine Toothing The Dowd Report, Vol. I

The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball
Allan H. (Bud) Selig, Commissioner
245 Park Avenue, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10167
(212) 931-3800

Dear Mr. Commissioner:

I’m a short ways into my studies of the
Dowd Report. Suffice it to say that it is thus far, very interesting. My initial response is that I find it bizarre and amazing that this much energy and funds were exerted in order to finger one man’s inappropriate actions. Uninformed as I remain, I’m curious to find the underlying cause of why Pete Rose was cast so forcedly into the spotlight. I anticipate, that until I uncover more information, that this curiosity will become clearer. That said, the first 30 pages contain a lot of speculative information regarding Rose’s involvement in betting on baseball.


Numerous facts leave him guilty by association, but one must remain steadfast that facts also leave him as baseball’s all-time leader in hits. Until overwhelming evidence disproves that already-known tidbit, I’ll stay hot on the trail of Operation PutPeteIn.

No comments: